Saturday, July 12, 2008

bridal shower





Today I hosted a bridal shower for my best friend Jamie here in California. I was excited it was the first real wedding thing I have been able to be involved with since I live so far away.
These are the invitations I made a while back using a program on my computer. I loved them, I think they turned out well.
We had the shower at a friend and fellow bridesmaid Natalie's home in roseville. We had a chocolate fountain, and dips,
This is Joe our Chinese exchange student (more about her later)
and a few other appetizers. My artichoke dip was gone too fast though. I know I should always make more. It is so yummy. I am not sure if I have put this recipe on here before, but if not here it is... my mouth waters just thinking of it.



1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, in water drained and quartered
1 cup mayonnaise ( I use light)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (not from the green can!!!!)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (Also light)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 green onions sliced
1/2 t cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, 3/4 cup Parmesan, cream cheese and green chile peppers, garlic, onions and seasoning. Scoop the mixture into a pie pan or medium baking pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned. Serve warm.

We played a how well do you know Jamie game, Everyone answered the questions then for a surprise (to some) I had interviewed and video tapes Jeremy her fiance and asked him the same questions. so we watched and played along with him. It was so fun to watch him do it too.
Then we opened presents, Jamie got so much lingerie I think her wedding alone is keeping Victoria Secret in business. She got some very thoughtful gifts too that people put so much work into. One friend of hers scrapbooked a book for her with bookmarks all in it with quote and pictures of the two of them. it was so sweet she works so hard on it, it was beautiful.
My mom and grandma and I built her a honeymoon basket. My favorite item from the basket was bride and groom flip flops that when you walk on the beach they leave the imprint of just married in the sand.
then a lingerie out fit, lots of chocolates, candles, rose petals, bubble bath, lotions, massage oils, candy, gum, chap stick and I can not remember the rest. but it was fun building it.
For the rest of the shower we just chatted and ate. I had many more games planned but never got to them, which is fine, I think they are more time fillers and we had our time plenty full. For the favors I did chocolate covered strawberries in a little cream favor box. No picture of them either :(
All in all it was a really great day and I was so glad I was able to do something so fun for the friend I love so much.



2 comments:

Allie said...

I almost didn't recognize you! I love your bangs their way cute!!! I'm glad everything went well with the shower.

Kim said...

I was just commenting to say the same thing...I almost didn't recognize you with bangs! I LOVE it short. You're lucky you can wear your hair however and still be so darling.
You are a great friend. Hope Jamie realizes that. Did you tell her to return some lingerie and get some pots and pans?!?!?! Much more useful