Wednesday, July 2, 2008

i got my butt kicked!

If any of you know my mom, you know she is a workout queen. She has always told me about this new class she goes to a few times a week amongst her hardcore spin classes and yoga called body pump. It is and aerobic weight training class. you use a barbell with weights on the end. not too heavy usually 15-40lbs and do exercises. We do each muscle group for five minute segments. one of the first ones was squats. She said you will use your heaviest weights for this exercises. So I load them on. my mom looks at me and announces to the class wow that is a lot. more than I ever do. I nonchalantly say, oh yeah this should be good. everyone else is also looking at me like I am crazy. I thought oh big deal I can squat this a few times. I was wrong it was not a few times it was like 75 times. You seriously do the same exercise over and over just varying speeds. my legs were shaking by the end and I thought I may not make it to the end of the five minute segment. But of course I could not drop my weights I had to prove to all of them yes I was this strong. I would have looked a lot better if I wasn't shaking uncontrollably. but oh well I guess now I know. The rest of the work out was hard too, but nothing like the squats I learned my lesson. I do weights all the time in my aerobics class, but just arms. So tomorrow my legs will be in for a treat. One guy came up to me afterwards and asked how I liked the class and I admitted I did too much weight and then reassured me I will not be able to sit on the toilet tomorrow.
I have a new found respect for my mom!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Thats hilarious and exactly what I would of done!! You cant put down your weights in a class with everyone watching even if its killing you!!