Sunday, July 13, 2008

my near death experience

Saturday while dipping strawberries for the shower, I needed wax paper so I ran down the street to Grandmas to borrow some. I decided to take the bike, so I could be even quicker. On the road to Grandmas house is one big house gated all around. they have two German Shepard's who bark insistently while you walk by. They follow you down the length of the gate too. Usually by the time you pass by they could care less. As I road by the dogs barked of as usual but at the end of the fence where one of the gates is, they pushed it opened some how and were out, thinking now is our chance to get this lady who makes faces at us and yells for us to shut up as she walks by, while we are behind bars, but now it is a different story. My guess is that the fence was not properly locked. it looked shut, but they got out. my worst fears came alive and were chasing me, growling, barking, snipping at my heels. I truly thought I was going to be mauled by these attacking dogs. All kinds of thoughts went through my head as I petaled as fast as my legs could take me. Taking off into the field by grandmas house, screaming at the top of my lungs hoping my family or the gardener whom I had just seen at grandmas working. No one came to my rescue. When suddenly the dogs stopped chasing me, stopped barking, and turned around and went back to their yard. I kept riding like the wind and went up on grandmas porch and around to the back of her house where I was safe and to find the gardener who could have saved me, but who didn't come. Lucky for him he had already left. I do not think he could have handled me at that time.

Grandma wasn't home yet from garage sales, so I let myself in. Not realizing how scared I really was til I couldn't open the door my hands were shaking so badly. I quickly became hysterical. Called my parents house told them what happened and that dad need to drive down and pick me back up, there was no way I was riding home. A few minutes later, I retrieved my wax paper and grandma came home. She found me standing in her living room balling. Not quite sure why I was so hysterical, but a fear of sounding too dramatic I will not mention it was probably because you look at life different after a near death experience. :)

But I didn't die, but I could have, what if I was not on that bike. I could not have gotten away I would have been in a German Shepard sandwich. To help you envision what I saw, since I did not take a picture during the attack, crazy I know. I will include one I found, but this is only of one dog, now double this and you will likely be very scared too.
The worst part about it is that we frequently walk up and down this road, but most of the time I have Parker with me. he was going to go with me that morning but I wanted to make the trip quick. And thank goodness, if they would have attacked with my little boy at my hand I think I would have either died of a heart attack right then and there on the street, or my super human instincts would have kicked in and I would have drop kicked both the dogs while I sprinted away carrying my child. It makes me sick to even think about it.

So what is my next step you ask? I am reporting them this morning when the county offices open for lease law violation. My grandma called the lady and left a lengthy message explaining what happened and that was not the first time either. and she received no response. so then later she saw here getting mail and talked to her again and her reaction was just, "oh, sorry about that." WHAT!!!! Are you kidding me, I was practically mauled to dealt, "sorry about that" I was ready to shot these dogs come Saturday and now maybe there owner too. I hope these dogs have to live the rest of their mean lives in a kettle and will be shocked every time the try to leave. Ok I think my rant is finished now. I am very glad I am here today to report to you I am ok!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Can you say DRAMA QUEEN!! HAHA JK
That's scary. I'm scared of big animals and I HATE people that have them and don't take the proper precautions. I bet they let them poop all over too (and I'm sure it's not little poop!) So rude. Glad you lived and you didn't have Parker with you. He would have been tramatized for life.

VoNique said...

That's so crazy! I'm glad you're ok. You're a good story teller. Even when they're scary you always make me laugh. = )

Unknown said...

Wow! I would've been absolutely terrified. That's awful. I'm so glad you didn't have Parker with you and that you were on a bike. That's a blessing. Well hopefully they'll do something about their dogs now, I hate big dogs. Anyway, have a good weekend. Is the wedding this weekend? Tell Parker "Hi" from Taivan and Noah. They talk about him sometimes. Can't wait to see ya again.

Anonymous said...

I should feel sorry for you but instead I am laughing. Maybe its just the picture though. I am glad you lived to tell your story!

Allie said...

I'm sorry that is scary! But it was also funny! Poor Parker he needs a little pet I'm sure you'll cave in one day!

Nina Miles said...

Hey Nicole-just wanted to leave a message and wish you a happy birthday! (I think it's your birthday today...) Hope you are having a great day and I'm glad you didn't get eaten by dogs. :) Let us know the next time you are in town so that we can see you!

steph said...

Nicole - Wow! So SCARY! I am sooo glad Parker was not with you! I have day dreams sometimes of stuff like this and what I would do... I cannot imagine it really happening. Have you been back? I would probably have post traumatic stress.