
I am not a very crafty person but I have done a few crafts lately and I think they are fun ideas. we did it at church one night for enrichment. first we did this advent magnet Christmas thing. Each day you put a new part of the nativity up for the month of December and read about the meaning. Parker will like to put them up. He first helped me arrange it but after I put him down I had to redo it. I could not stand the animals sitting on top of the manger and upside down and everything with no order at all.

Then we did little I spy bags for time to keep kids quietly entertained. I like how she set it up she printed on the material for us what they are to find, much better than a little card that goes with it. The only problem was the vinyl stuck really bad to my foot and would not move. So it looks horrible, but maybe next time it will be better. I put baby powder down too to help it slide. I guess it helped, but it could have been better. I think it would be fun to do a bunch it was pretty quick.
3 comments:
ok, he's stinkin cute...you already know that though. i can't wait to see baby goggins #2...you rock it girl. I miss you so much, and wish there was more time in teh day to sit and chat...
Nice job, Nicole. You already cut out your nativity! I need to get on it still. Thanks for the pics!
Hey there! I'm a friend of Jen's (Classy Cosmetics)! That's cool that you were able to make an "I Spy" bag! We made them at a recent Relief Society activity, too! I also had the problem of the vinyl sticking to the foot and to the machine! So here's what I did to remedy that! The vinyl was 5 inches wide, so I cut four 6 x 3 inch strips and used each strip for each side that I was sewing! I folded each strip length-wise, and then sewed it ON TOP OF the vinyl that was being sewed to the material for the bag! I also put a scrap piece of material underneath the exposed vinyl that was sticking to the machine (making sure that it was away from the foot and needle), and Voila! It was a miracle! No sticking! So try that next time, and you'll be happy you did!
Post a Comment