Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I survived!

I survived the cooking marathon yesterday. I decided to take on two big projects in the kitchen, but to do them both at the same time. both required many of the same ingredients so I thought chop once use twice. I made my grandma Adele's secret spaghetti sauce and her minestrone soup. Both are huge amounts and are very labor intensive, but extremely delicious! my kitchen has looked better, but I guess that is what today is for to clean up my mess. After my things were in small containers and cooling I thought, yes now I can relax and then I remembered my cake decoarting class I had this morning and needed to bake a cake. Oh fun! I made two 8" round cakes. Dan came in knowing I was going to decorate them and thought I only needed one and laid claims on the other one. So I did not have a double layer cake. oh well.

So we had the class this morning and all I have to say is cake decorating is HARD! my cake looks awful and I thought you know I have some culinary skills, I should do ok, but no. not at all. The whole frosting thing was ok. After a few more tries maybe mine could be somewhat smooth. but decorating was a whole different thing. It was so hard to apply even pressure and have a steady hand. I am almost too embarrassed to but a picture on here, but what the heck. A side note my decorating could have been a little bit better if a crying baby wasn't sitting at my feet pushing me away from the counter. so we rushed and tried to do something easy with not too much detail. (I needed some disclaimer to justify my results.)

not sure why it is sideways. It only like that on here.

No comments: