So this is where I am supposed to gush about how cute my boy looked all dressed up for Halloween this year and how much candy we are eating, but that is not true this year! nothing really worked out for us this time around. we were out of town for our trunk r treat, then we were going to get together with cousins in grandparents in Boise for Halloween fun, but people were sick, then tonight was the night a Halloween parade and trick r treating, but by 6:00 he was a disaster. Screaming and crying uncontrollably and just throwing huge fits. he was just too tired. his nap was too early and we have just had a hard time since being in California.
So as much as I wanted to dress him up tonight and go out, it just wasn't worth it, he was so upset I couldn't even hold him or calm him down. I was really looking forward to it. Tonight is my last night with him before I leave at 4:30 tomorrow morning for the cruise and I really wanted it to be special. instead we both sat crying in the couch. Not exactly sure why I was crying, but I have a few ideas. 1, I am pregnant, 2. I am sad about missing my son, 3. I am exhausted, 4. stressed out. 5. really wanted to see him experience Halloween. it is so sad to think I have to wait a whole year for it to come again. Maybe he will know what it is then and then it will be a bigger bargaining tool. me saying if you do not stop crying you can not be an elephant and go trick r treating had no effect.
So please pray for my child that his behavior will improve while I am gone. Since I have been here, he has been a terror. It is not making my parents feel very confident in the task of Parker 24/7 for the next 9 days. And also pray that I will make it through my trip with out worrying and missing him too much. that I will be able to relax and have fun. See you when we get back!
3 comments:
I'm sorry your night didn't turn out how you wanted. Parker didn't even know what he was missing! I'm excited for your trip. I think cruising the Caribean would be my dream vacation. Parker will be fine!
Hi! I'm a friend of Jen's (Classy Cosmetics)! I really like your quote up there at the top! I think I'll borrow it and put it on my blog! One little spelling error there though....it should be "...OUR troubles..." instead of "...out troubles..." : ) Sorry to hear about your Halloween. Hopefully it'll go great next year! : )
I hope your trip was fun and that Parker was good! Congrats on having another baby! How exciting, I am excited to hear what you are having!
Post a Comment