Thursday, November 20, 2008

At least someone enjoys my singing.

If any of you have had the privilege of hearing me sing, you may know exactly what I am talking about when I say that if you listen closely you can hear dogs howling and cats whining from blocks around when this happens.


that is why at church I merely just lip the songs, it is for everyone's benefit I assure you. anyways, back to the miracle.
People always have said you children will not care if you sound bad you should sing to them. so I starting when Parker was very little I began singing him songs when trying to soothe him or before he goes to bed. A few nights ago I sang him a song in our rocking chair after we read his favorite book for the millionth time. In case I have not mentioned this book before I should note that for the past 3 months this book is a constant. he HAS to read it every night. but we do not read it,(he will not let us, he looks back at me like what are you doing?) we simply point out things in the pictures. Like I say where is the plane, where is the car of pigs and he points but he favorite is where is "goldbug" that is this tiny yellow bug that is on every page hiding somewhere. I swear he knows where he is within two seconds of turning the page. It is hard , many times I have to search to find it. I do not know how he does it this book is huge like 16x20 and 60 pages long. he couldn't possibly have it memorized, could he???? Sorry that was a long tangent.
So after I sang him one song the other night., I always at bedtime sing a calm song usually "I am a child of God" as I finished his cute little voice said, "more..."
I then surprisingly ask, "you want mommy to sing another song?"
"yes"
so here I go again. that went on for at least 6 or seven more times. then he is getting sleepy I can tell, and he holds out his finger and says,
"one, more" ( again in the cutest voice ever)
So I sang one more song then he pointed to his bed and I laid him down. so sweet! He has continue to do this for the past few nights. It truly melts my heart.
ps I do not think this is a ploy for him just to stay up longer. he really likes my singing.

2 comments:

VoNique said...

That is so sweet! It made me cry! You're so lucky. I'm not done reading about your vacation yet. Another day or two otta do it!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, after having Parker here for 7-8 days, I read that book many times. I tried skipping some pages but he always caught me and turned the pages back.
Dad