Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 6:

Bonaire:
We knew that this island was known for some of the best snorkeling and diving places in all the Caribbean. We got off and even from the ship we could see how clear the water was. It was gorgeous. We walked five minutes down the street to a water taxi. We met up with our friends from the night before and a young British couple too. Unfortunately we had not put on our sun screen yet we did when we got to the beach but I got pretty burned just in that 30 minutes!
We went to a small island called Klein Bonaire. There were no trees or bathrooms just a few bushes, but the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. They were completely white beaches and the bluest clearest water I have ever seen. I was in love!

We were told to walk down the beach as far as we could and then snorkel from there back to our drop off point that the current would pull us down. It was so pretty. We got in crossed over the coral and there was a large shelf drop off that had so many colorful fish. The coral was pretty too, not as colorful as they used to be I am sure a long time ago, but it was still nice so many fish swim in and around it. At the drop off point the floor was about 20 feet down and clear as day, white sand and just beautiful. We even saw a sea turtle it was pretty awesome. And I saw a sea snake too. I was very afraid and swam so fast. We did the run two different times but saw mainly the same fish each time. It was just so beautiful there. if you think I look really fat through all these pictures it is because I am. it stinks being pregnant enough you have a hump but not quite pregnant enough to tell for sure, just fat! What a wonderful time to hang out in a swimsuit all week!
After 3 hours or so, we took the water taxi back to the mainland. I shopped for souvenirs for a while and bought a few things. We felt so gross from all of the sand and salt water that we just went back to the ship after that.

1 comment:

VoNique said...

Wow! What beautiful beaches! I like your swimming suit. It's cute!