
from the ship

Grenada:
We did not have much planned for this day. We only had a half day at shore and we didn’t get off the ship very early. We had two plans in mind but by the time we got off and asked one of the thousands of peddlers how long to a certain beach or a waterfall they said 1 hour and 50 bucks and we would have no time once we got there, so we just decided to walk around . I felt like we were in Tijuana. You could not walk five steps without some one hassling you. We decided to walk around d a little bit. It got slightly better as we walked on, but nothing really worth seeing. We found out later that if we would have walked out of the 1 block radius that there were many taxis willing to drive you around the island for a 2 hour tour for only $20 we should have done that. We did end up just looking in some of the many booths at the spices and souvenirs. It is called the spice island. The produce everything there but, mainly nutmeg. We bought a few baskets of fresh spices. They also are a leading manufacturer of soap, so we bought some of that too. While in the main square we saw some missionaries from our church. We went up and asked the elders if they had much luck in a tourist square. They laughed and said they were there to teach the man playing the steel drums. I know one person on that island who is going to medical school there and they happen to know him too. They pulled out their phone as said I could call him, but I have not spoken to him in years, I should have arranged before and he could have told us where to go but, oh well. It was so blasted hot and humid there I was anxious to get back to a.c. Dan was so patient though as I shopped at all the little stores. Very sweet, Dan hates to shop. The first day we met a nice couple from SLC and we never saw them again until that day at the pool. We met them for dinner that night. Then went to a show that night called “Caliente” latin dancing and music.

our self portrait for the night
No comments:
Post a Comment