Friday, November 14, 2008

day 3




Day 3:
We woke up on St. Thomas this morning and once we got out side and off the ship it was just gorgeous. We knew where we wanted to go, but didn’t know how to get there. They had large trucks with benches and a cover over the top turned into tour vehicles. We told them we wanted to go to Coki beach so we went with a big group. I was scared for my life. I didn’t realize they drove on the left side of the road. It was like suicide. Some people in our group were rushing to make a ferry so he drove so fast. No seat belts, just handles. The roads were very steep and narrow. It barley looked like one car could fit but then sure enough coming around the corner was another car. I had to close my eyes, I thought we were going to be hit head on every time mainly because we were on the wrong side of the road. It was a very interesting 30 minutes of my life. The great part was the view it was spectacular when my eyes were opened.

after snorkeling
the beautiful water


beautiful pictures from our fast moving vehicle


some iguanas chilling on rocks by the ship

We finally made it to the beach alive and I was very happy to see such a beautiful beach. The water was so beautiful. But first we had to find something safe to do with our stuff many people just ad it on the beach, but we didn’t feel comfortable enough to do that so we rented a locker. We were the only ones on the beach who did, but we really didn’t want all our stuff stolen while we snorkeled. I guess if we had a bigger group someone could have stayed with it but it was just us. We headed out in the water and it was incredible. There were so many colorful beautiful fish swimming all around us. There was coral and a sea urchin too. I only got scared a few times. It was mainly just fun. It seems like so far I have been so scared before I came for nothing. After 3 hours we left and headed back to the ship this ride was much better the driver was not going so crazy and fast.


my 4 month baby bump

We ate lunch and then headed back to our room showered all of the sand off and then took a long nap. It was formal night tonight so we got dressed up and went to have dinner. It is neat to see everyone looking so nice. Dinner again was good and then to the show. It was much better tonight it was all dancing and singing by the ships crew.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I love your dress!! That beach looks so beautiful I'm so jealous I really want to go on a vacation!

VoNique said...

Those pictures are amazing! You're so lucky! You look so cute pregnant. Are you liking being pregnant as much this time as you did last? How much longer til you know what you're having?