At sea: on the way home
With an inside cabin you never know what time it is it’s always pitch black so we laid in bed forever. We were so tired. I went to a culinary demonstration that morning done by the ships top chefs. It was entertaining and informative. They then did a galley (kitchen) tour. It would have been interesting but there were hundreds of people wanting to go and that didn’t sound very fun. The ship was rocking and I had not eaten yet that morning it was 11 so I called dan and he met me for breakfast. I felt much better after I ate. Dan noticed that for lunch they would have a sushi bar open so he opted to wait for that instead. At the time that sounded absolutely horrible to me so I had my normal ship breakfast of a bowl of fruit. 1 cup of yogurt mixed with granola and a half of bagel with cream cheese and a glass of juice. Sounds like a ton huh. Yeah I think this cruise is going to ruin me for this pregnancy. I just hope my stomach will shrink back to normal so I do not feel the need to eat a huge meal every few hours. I just want to actually feel hungry again. I have not wanted to eat food for so many days I just do because it is there. Even Dan who would normally eat anything if it is free, chose not to go for afternoon pizza and ice-cream like everyone else did, even me on occasion. I could not believe how much people at. I have never seen such huge plates of food in my life. Most the people who ate like that were huge anyways. With a whole plate full of pastries, mounds of cream cheese and piles of bacon can do that to a person. It was gross. People we would see in the formal dining room at night then we would also see them in line for the buffet a few hours later. We did not see them there because we were there ourselves it was the quickest way for us to reach the top deck from our room. I just couldn’t believe it. That night for dinner we did not feel like getting dressed up again so we just went I got a slice of pizza and made myself a salad at the bar and a bowl of fruit and dan did about the same. That afternoon we were just so lazy we went up to the pool and sat in the shade we were so tired of the sun. Every time I was even in it my skin just screamed. We had enough. They had a huge screen up on the deck so we watched a movie and swam. That night we just packed and watched movies in our room and slept we were just so tired. It was a very relaxing vacation though. Much more so than our European vacation where we did so much each day. Most days here we just enjoyed the scenery and the water. It was fabulous. The first half of the week flew by and I thought there was no way I would be ready to go home by Sunday, but sure enough by Saturday I was glad to return home and see my little boy. I never was able to call and talk to him after Puerto rico. The international calling card I bought needed some access codes only available to get while in the U.S. before we left. I just hope he was ok and didn’t think we abandoned him. I cannot wait to see him again. Although we did miss him, we were very glad not to have that that responsibly with him this week. It was very nice to get away and have time to ourselves. We really enjoyed our time together and actually and things to talk about and enjoy one another’s company.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! We need to go on a cruise together when Mike graduates!! Lets start planning!
Nicole - Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! Someday I will get there and I will have to pick your brain of the whats and wheres and hows. By the way, I met your best friend the other day... no but she reminded me of you sooo much. The same color hair with freckles. Adorable! And she loves to cook and has a show on the radio Sat mornings. She lives in Eagle. It made me miss you! I hope you are well! It sounds like you guys had a blast. :)
Looks like you had a blast! Beautiful pictures.
I did it! I read every word! Now you know who your true friends are! = ) I'm so glad you had such a great time. One day we and the McGrew's should all go on a cruise together! Wouldn't that be fun!?! Maybe in a couple of years though. Stupid economy.
Post a Comment