Sunday, April 5, 2009

How I have been wasting my time...

Doing baby crafts. I have really had the bug lately, so here are a few samples.
I made these boxes last night just to sit on a shelf in her room. I had them that were baby boy boxes that I never used so I thought I would recover and decorate and put up. like all my crafts never look too close.

I had this rocker for Parker and it was originally denim and I recovered them in a sage green corduroy and now decided I no longer liked that and instead of trying to make new ones I would give a shot a dying them. the only colors that would cover the dark green was black or navy so that worked perfectly. it was not the most pleasant experience stirring black boiling dye water on my stove for an hour constantly but I think they turned out pretty well. Then I had to make a matching pillow too.
Here is just a shot of her crib and chair too.
I used some of the matching fabric to make a light switch cover too.
I have flipped this picture a ton of times and it still keeps coming up sideways so please turn your head with me and this is just a decorated hanger to hang in her room. I will probably hang her blessing dress from on the wall.
I have been trying to learn how to make bows as well. I am not good at all yet so I have been practicing with my uglier ribbon first. Hopefully soon they will get cuter. I have a few head bands too and some flowers.
These are the pacifier clips I made. the end without the clip (button) has Velcro that will loop through the pacifier.
Lastly this is the nursing cover I made.

I have found tutorials online for most of these projects if anyone would like one let me know I would be happy to send it to you.

11 comments:

Allie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those are all so cute! I love everything good job! How did you do that pillow so cute!r

Melissa said...

Wow, you are incredible! I can't believe you dyed that chair, it looks fantastic. I am beyond impressed.

Corrie- said...

you have been so busy, but her room looks so cute and ready for her!

VoNique said...

Look at you all craftin' it up! It all looks so great! And I love that pic of Parker & Dan mowing the lawn. = )

Kim said...

That is the cutest little girl room ever!!
I am so sad I'm not closer to do crafts with you. I love making bows!
I'm uber impressed with all of it.

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

SO cute. Good job :) So glad the black dye worked out!

Justin & Heather said...

It is ALL so cute! Her room is beautiful!

Nicole said...

I love your little girls room! I also love those crafts! You are very good! I never could get myself to do any of those things! Love it!

Monica Mary said...

Look at you go! I love it all but I think the light switch cover is my favorite. Good luck with the last little bit of your pregnancy and with the labor and delivery! And thanks for your email. Yes, I got it a little late but I still knew you were thinking of me so thanks! :)

Allie and Spencer said...

wow! Everything is so so so cute. Now I feel lazy... Love Allie

Sharee said...

SO CUTE!! I love all your ideas. I want to make a nursing cover - where did you get the directions to do that?