Saturday, April 4, 2009

who knew?

Last night I rented Marley and Me. I heard it was cute and I had no better options. so I thought I would give it a try. I wasn't really expecting to like it much, seeing I am so not a dog person. really not an animal person, but anyways. I tried it. I started watching it with Parker while Dan was at Japanese. He was excited to watch a dog movie. he did enjoy the parts with the dog but other than that he was crawling all over me talking so loud couldn't hear. I thought the first 30 minutes or so were SO funny. I was laughing so hard. especially when the dog was crawling out the car window. I am still laughing at that part just thinking about it. but I never expected I would like it. I thought it was very cute. I really related to them at the beginning with the unruly dog. That is what I feel like when I take Parker anywhere in public.
I knew it was coming all along but I didn't want it to end sad. It was too much for me. I sat on the couch crying so hard.
Spoiler warning: If you had not guessed like any other animal story the dog dies at the end. pretty much a given. but it was so sad to watch them all say goodbye. Watching this dog movie makes me think I maybe able to get the the story of Edgar Sawtelle book. Another dog story that is supposedly a very good book.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've heard of the Edgar Sawtelle book. You'll have to keep me posted and tell me if it's any good.