Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy birthday Parker!!!

Parker is 2 today!!! that is so crazy to me. I can not believe I have had this little boy for 2 years in my life. last night I was very reflective remembering back on the night he was born. All of the wonder, excitement, nervousness and then a miracle. it truly was a special time I will never forget. after I was done reading to Parker getting ready for bed I told him the story of when he was born and how he peed all over me. he thought it was so funny. I just want to rock and hold him forever. but before I went to bed like I always do I went in and checked on him and put his blanket on him and suddenly he woke up and stood up right away and started talking it was kind of funny. he was very out of it. I took advantage of it and picked him up and rocked my sleeping baby, he looked so big and his look has changed so much in the last little while.
While I have my challenges with Parker he is still such a wonderful boy. Very strong, stubborn, smart and sweet, all at the same. He loves to play games, Read books (this week the wheels on the bus pop up), watch his favorite shows which now is The polar express (last week was cars). he gets so excited over that train it is nuts. I swear he has the whole movie memorized even though he can not say all those words. He will start talking about what is going to happen before it even does. He still loves spending time with Daddy he makes the escape to him many times a day up stairs. But loves for all three of us to be together. Often we we play together at night he just runs to each of us and gives us kisses the whole time. If he ever see Dan and I hug he is at our sides in a second with his arms up for a big family hug. He also loves kissing baby sister, and apparently all of her things.
Parker you are my biggest struggle but biggest joy all the same time. many times a day I go from being so fed up with it all to chasing you for kisses. I love you so much!!!
For his birthday today we went to my aerobics class this morning where he loves to play with all the kids, then back home for some don't break the ice fun, showers, lunch, nap, then Chuck e cheese!!! It was so fun the second we walked in he didn't know what to think so many bright flashing lights he was actually able to touch (unlike the ones in the rest stops on our trip through reno, they can be so protective there, what is a 2 year old going to do?) And all the rides and slides. we played non stop for almost two hours just running from thing to thing. He loved it all! It was very fun to watch him. then we came home had dinner and had "cold cold" Ice cream. I found a rice dream ice cream, if you ask me it is gross but the poor boy does not remember the difference and loves it. On Friday we will have the birthday party with Dans family over here. I am sure he will love that too. Whenever I asked him what happens on his birthday he says "Two", He is TWO!!!!!

3 comments:

Pfister Pfam said...

oh my gosh nicole, he is getting so big. He is such a handsome boy, and so very cute. I love that you have this blog for him to look at someday and realize how much mommy really loves and enjoys the time you two have together. Happy Birthday Parker, you've rocked our lives since you came into them...Thank you for being such an amazing little man.

Allie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Parker! He's such a big cute boy! He looks so excited in those pictures! We wish we could celebrate with you guys!

cristy said...

Happy birthday Parker! I can tell you had a fun day. I can't believe you are two. You're such a big boy!