Wednesday, January 7, 2009

happy to report

Parker is doing very well with out his pacifier. Last night was a bit of a challenge it took 1 1/2 hours for him to go to sleep. Dan and I were in and out reading stories, singing more songs and rocking him. As soon as I picked him up and cradled him he was out, but wold not let me put him down. Poor little guy just needed comforting. but after a drink of milk he fell asleep pretty quickly.

Then this afternoon he cried for about 15 -20 minutes and then went to bed and slept for a few hours.
Tonight I read to him gave him something to drink and then sang our songs same routine as before and he cried for exactly a minute and a half and then quiet. he talked for few minutes and then nothing. I was a very good night. I was expecting tonight to rival yesterday, but he did so well. The light at the end of the tunnel is shinning bright. I know the journey is not over, but it is getting close.
This is not to say he does not miss his pacifier. every time he goes in his room he looks under all his blankets, lays on the floor looks under the crib and asks where did it go? I say, I am not sure but he is a big boy. he pretty much forgets about it. I make sure never to bring it up. I am sure he would take it back in a second. But we will survive with out it.
Thank you all for your support through this I have had many encouraging words telling me to stick in there and I appreciate it. It was really hard, harder than I thought it would be on me. Last night I was just so sad thinking of him sad, but after tonight and and him being ok, it makes me feel so much better.
thanks again.

3 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Well I jumped on with your momentum and cut up Avery's binkie's also yesterday. Last night she didn't do too bad. She was better than Carter that's for sure. I think Carter missed his binkie's for an entire year and at any point in that year he would have taken them back in a minute. Good job sticking with it! And thanks for motivating me!

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

You are an awesome mom. Keep with it, you shall be rewarded :) love ya- becca

the blonde potato said...

Way to go! Getting rid of the binky is just as hard for us parents as it is for them, I think. But you'll be so glad he's quit when your new baby gets here.